In this mad rush of looking great at all times, we all are constantly looking for some of the easiest and quick methods of losing weight and the ones that are high on safety as well. A sample weight loss menu plan can be a great option for individuals looking to lose weight. It will give you an insight into what to eat for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. Breakfast and afternoon snack are often left optional for the user; if they feel hungry, they can go for it or else they can skip it entirely. The simple secret of an efficient meal plan is that they are made of foods that naturally aid in weight loss and are unprocessed.
A Sample Weight Loss Menu Plan
We give you a sample weight loss menu plan here with different options in each meal:
- A bowl of Oatmeal with fresh fruits
Switching to a bowl of hot whole grain cereals with fruits from cold and dry cereal is much more filling and helps and would reduce 100 calories right away.
- Tea or Coffee
Use a non-fat or soy milk as a substitute of sugar to make one.
- You can also have an egg white omelet, hash browns, or Oatmeal to add variety to the menu.
Mid-morning snack (optional)
- Veggie-salsa tortilla
You can have a piece of steamed corn tortilla that is topped with fresh or grilled green vegetables such as onions, tomatoes and bell peppers.
- An Orange or two Tangerines
- Try carrots with Hummus, a cup of diced Watermelon or any other seasonal fruit as a variety.
- 2 cups of mixed green vegetables, 1 cup of other vegetables, all chopped together and dressed with aged Balsamic Vinegar.
You can experiment with vegetables and fruits when making a salad for yourself. Use sweet potatoes, cucumbers, red cabbage, bell peppers, red onions and much more. Avoid using any oil for dressing your salad, however good it is considered.
- A Tuna Sandwich made in low whole wheat bread that is low in sodium.
- On the other days, try a carrot and pineapple salad with a Turkey sandwich or even Vegetarian chili and one ear of corn.
Mid-Afternoon Snack (optional)
- A bowl of plain yogurt (non-fat) mixed with the choice of berries.
- 1 Apple
- Curried Quinoa and Tofu
Recipe: Take 1 cup of quinoa and rinse it in cold water. In a saucepan, mix quinoa with one tablespoon of curry powder and a teaspoon of turmeric. To this, add 2 cups of chicken broth that is low in sodium and boil it. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. Add 1 cup shredded carrot and 1 cup cubed and firm tofu to add the final touch.
- You can also try Salad with honey mustard dressing, Spinach Salad or Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes on other days.
- A cup of fresh berries, mixed berries, frozen yogurt or a Berry mousse. Have either of these only if you feel hungry.